You can’t accidentally Focus & Simplify… it requires conscious decisions.
The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move.
Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong and true.
I am fully aware that I have the sincere privilege of having a life partner/husband who loves me and supports me and celebrates me. We have journeyed along together for 43+ years. We have managed to arrive at a comfortable compatibility.
These simplify and focus choices we make are not as a couple… we are responsible for them individually. It is nice to have a partner who is in agreement, but these choices will continue beyond our togetherness. They are conscious decisions… daily.
Here are 5 Ways we Simplify:
- We eat to live and do not live to eat.
(Simplifies our eating, cooking, dining, health efforts)
- We buy only what we need.
(Simplifies closet space, size of home, time spent shopping)
- We check with the other before we schedule something.
(Simplifies a lot!)
- We bought a car that should last a long time with little maintenance.
(We tried leasing, but I go too many miles in my real estate job)
- We have agreed to “need less” so we can “give more.”
(That over-arching way of thinking simplifies consuming and generosity)
Here are 5 Ways we Focus:
- We take stock, daily.
(I journal. Dave walks.)
- We each have focusing affirmations we keep in front of us.
(I’ve had an affirmation partner for 10 years. Dave says his to himself.)
- We have committed to staying fit and active into our 80’s.
(That takes daily effort)
- We make choices to prevent disease.
(Carefully selecting health care providers and keeping up on current information)
- We talk through tempting time consumers.
(How to best make a difference? Getting others’ perspectives is crucial)